Free zone companies must establish their businesses in dedicated free zone areas. Permitted business activities are limited to the list approved by the free zone with which you opt to register.
STEPS TO SETTING UP A BUSINESS IN FREE ZONE:
1. Determine the legal entity type
• Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC)
• Free Zone Company (FZC)
*You must check with individual free zone authorities about the type of company activities they allow to register.
2. Select a trade name
3. Apply for a business license
4. Choose an office space
5. Receive pre-approvals
• For the initial approval, you are required to submit a list of documents, which may differ from individuals to companies.
6. Register your business
• Includes registration and license fees, which differ depending on the type of license required.
• Submit a full set of additional documents.
7. Receive business license
• Lease agreements will be prepared by the free zone authority, followed by the trade license to commence visa processing.
• Branches: Existing local and foreign companies may set up a branch of their company in free zone areas.
• Capital requirement: Each free zone has different requirements. It is important to know the minimum capital necessary before setting up the business.
• Trade name: Check with the respective free zone on the permitted trade names and whether the desired name has been previously registered.
• License: When applying for a business license, you must choose an activity permitted by the respective free zone.
For more information, please contact us.